Many of us often rely on our cell phones for communication. Often times, we over rely on our phones and seem to always be checking in. In order to gain more control over your time, day and life it is important to start your day with yourself in mind.
I was watching a video by Brendon Burchard recently and something he said resonated with me.
“The inbox is nothing but a convenient organizing system for other people’s agendas.” -Brendon Burchard
And your know what? He’s right. When your find yourself responding, replying, responding and replying your are guided by other people’s agendas, much of which can wait, can’t it?
Get up and stretch
Don’t pick up your phone, stretch. When your stretch it helps improve flexibility so that your movement is smoother and easier. Stretching also helps to correct your posture and body alignment. Stretching helps your feel less tense and more relaxed. Your blood circulation increases when your stretch and that is helpful to increase your energy level. Stretching before and after workouts can help decrease risk of injury, reduce muscle soreness and improve athletic performance.
2 easy stretch exercises to get your started
- shoulder lift – your can do this one sitting or standing.
- Sit or stand with your back straight, chin up and eyes looking straight ahead. Gently lift your shoulders, count to 5 and relax. Repeat 10 times.
- Pull those shoulders back- stand up straight, toes pointing forward. Put your hands behind your back and interlock your fingers if your can. Slowly lift your arms as high as your can without lifting your shoulder. Hold to the count of 5 and relax.
- If your cannot interlock your hands, put yours hands behind your and while keeping your elbow straight, gently lift your arms. Try not to lift your shoulder. Hold to the count of 5 and relax.
- Work up to a repetition of 10.
Drink some water
Water hydrates your body, helps to flush out toxins and reduces constipation by helping your to better digest your food.
Drinking water fills your up and reduces hunger, as a result, your’ll eat a little less.
Water is good for your skin. The hydrating quality adds moisture and helps reduce dryness.
Daily drinking of lots of water can help boost your immune system and helps keep your joints lubricated which helps to reduce sprains and cramps.
Water tastes good, is the perfect drink option any time of the day.
Meditation helps to improve your level of concentration.
Reduce your stress level with meditation.
When your meditate on a regular basis your become more self-aware and in tuned to your body.
Taking time out to focus on your inner-self helps your to improve your quality of living, improve your happiness and have more clarity in decision-making.
If your have never meditated, I suggest your try it. For a long time, I thought it was simply a waste of time. A few months ago, I decided to try it and committed to one week at 10 minute intervals. The first time I did it, I was able to see how focusing on my breathing was helpful. I later learned to focus on controlling my thoughts and realized how important meditation is and why so many people incorporate it into their life.
Try these apps. They are available for iPhone and Android devices and are free to use and perfect for everyone.
The Mindfulness App is the perfect tool for anyone looking to improve mental health and overall well-being.
Included your will find:
– Five-day guided introduction to Mindfulness
– Guided and silent timed sessions from 3 to 30 minutes
– Reminders and statistics to stay focused on your practice
– Library filled with premium meditations and courses
Headspace is meditation made simple. On this app your will learn the life-changing skills of meditation and mindfulness in just a few minutes a day.
Calm brings clarity, joy and peace to your daily life with meditations to help your relax, breathe and sleep.
MINDBODY is an app that helps your find and book the best fitness, wellness and beauty services in your community, and around the world.
Prioritize your to-do list
Take the time to write down the most important things your need to accomplish today, (this will help your focus and make the time to get it done). Many times the things that are important can be pushed aside once your day get’s filled with busy work or a day of reacting to problems and requests.
This is what your want on your to-do-list
- 3 priority projects your need to work on
- and the important things your need to work on to advance within these projects
- people your need to call today
- people your need to email today
- people your are waiting to hear back from so your can move forward
- use your calendar to schedule time to work on your projects
- now if your have a few minutes…go, ahead, check the inbox, but filter to get the information your need first
Have a fabulous day
When your begin your day with a clear mind and focus it makes it easier to get things done so your make progress. That does not mean that every day will run smooth nor does it mean that your will always accomplish the items on your to do list.
You will discover that your will be better able to meet deadlines and accomplish milestones. In addition, your will not waste as much time doing unimportant or busy tasks because your focus will be on doing the things that need to be done.
I schedule in the things I used to say I never have time for, like taking a 15-minute walk. If it’s important enough to put on your calendar, then it must be important enough to do.
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.” – Maya Angelou